Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sheep Cupcakes

I taught a lesson today at church about how we can learn to be true shepherds and feed His sheep.
I always like to bring a treat whenever I teach, mostly to distract from my not so good lessons ;) 
Is it weird that I chose to literally feed them sheep?! Probably, but I couldn't think of something better or more yummy. 

Too Much Chocolate Cake from Allrecipes.com:
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
  • 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips 
Raspberry filling
16 oz. frozen raspberries thawed
1/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Drain raspberries, reserving liquid. Add enough water to liquid to equal 1 1/4 cups. In large saucepan, combine liquid, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; mix well. Heat and stir until mixtures boils and thickens. Cool completely. Stir thawed raspberries into cool mixture.

Cream cheese frosting: (8 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, 1 tsp. butter, and 3 1/2-4 cups powdered sugar)
I used a small star tip to pipe on the sheep wool in small circles, a chocolate melt for his face, and chocolate chips for his ears.
My friend sent me this pic. I included it here because this is the handout I used to go along with the sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment