Friday, May 29, 2015

How To Train Your Dragon birthday party


My sister planned a super fun "How to Train Your Dragon" birthday party for my neice who is obsessed with dragons. I was happy I got to help put it together. 
Toothless is her favorite dragon so we made some cupcakes with his face. We used fondant for his eyes.
I love love that she wanted to add sheep to the mix. The game they play with these little guys in the movie is hilarious. I wish I would have thought to do one black sheep for fun.
We used a chocolate melt for his face and chocolate chips (with the tip cut off) for his ears. Thanks mom for all your help with these!
Toothless eating fish. I loved that my sister thought to use an Oreo for this! 
Here they are living happily ever after...




Dragon Eggs
We hard boiled eggs then cracked them leaving the shells on. We soaked them in food coloring for several hours, peeled them, and then made regular deviled eggs. So fun! 
*I read on a blog later that if you mix 2 tsp. of white vinegar in with the food coloring it will make the cracks darker. Also try using a spoon to crack them.
My sister had some really fun take homes for the kids. My favorite was the slime on the end that she labeled Toothless slobber. 

My sis is also an amazing artist and creates her own piƱatas. I love this awesome dragon she did.
Happy Birthday Makyia!

No comments:

Post a Comment