Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Princess Party!

Happy 5th Birthday Lucy! 
This girl loves pink, princesses (especially Princess Sofia,) and everything sparkly and shiny. Having a pink and gold princess party made her day super special!
She wanted a castle cake and this was the most simple one I could find. I'm not very good at frosting cakes so thankfully my 5 year old didn't notice the imperfections. 
Lucy wanted a pink cake so I used a strawberry cake mix.
We spray painted the sugar cones with an edible paint but you can't really tell.
We used sugar cubes for the turrets and strawberry wafer cookies for the windows and doors. I found the flags at Hobby Lobby and piped Lucy on one of them.
I woke up the next day to find this. Ahhhh! Thankfully it wasn't too hard to fix. I had extra frosting to fix the side wall and I also used it to "glue" the cookies back on.

You can see the gold cones better here.
Lucy also wanted to do a pink chocolate fountain. Lucy wanted to use pretzels, marshmallows, wafer cookies, strawberries, oranges, and gummy bears to dip into the chocolate. 
She also wanted to make pink lemonade and serve them in glass jars with gold straws. This was the best picture I have of those. Behind them are the star wands we spray painted gold for the girls to decorate during the party.
The princesses ate a fancy lunch of corn dogs, chicken nuggets, Cheetos, and veggies, (all Lucy's favorites).
Princess Lucy
The princesses also decorated face masks and got to go on a treasure hunt to find their take homes. My friend Michele helped me make bracelets for each of them. I'm sad I didn't take a picture because they all turned out so cute thanks to Michele. 

No comments:

Post a Comment