Sunday, April 4, 2010

Candy syrup!

I love Patti's tradition of making scones between Sunday sessions of General Conference. The girl has a gift-they are the best scones ever. I wish it was an every Sunday tradition! I'm sad to say it but this was our last Conference together before I move. How will I ever be able to make these amazingly delicious things on my own. I will be lost.
Hot and fresh ready to eat! Oh you think it looks yummy now...

Now we're talkin'. I made Lisa's buttermilk syrup a.k.a candy syrup and it became a match made in heaven. Here's the recipe:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 Tbsp. Karo syrup
1 cube butter
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add sugar and Karo syrup. Cook on low to medium heat for a few minutes or until sugar is almost dissolved (don't let it boil.) Add buttermilk and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add vanilla, turn off heat. Add baking soda, stir and enjoy. It is normal for it to separate once it has been sitting out for a little while so just give it another stir and enjoy it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment