Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Wyatt!


My 2 year old loves fire trucks and Ethan and I found this on the howdini.com website and decided this would be a perfect cake for his birthday.

Here is the site if you want to learn how to make it http://www.howdini.com/howdini-video-10462237.html.
The only things I did different were adding long black licorice instead of the coiled because they don't sell them here, I also added control buttons (mini Reeses pieces) on the gray part, and eclipse gum for head lights.
*I loved the new trick I learned to make the frosting look more smooth- dip your knife in warm water, shake off excess water and run over the frosting.

I also made Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup cupcakes (for recipe see Cupcakes Galore post.) I found this fire truck mold at my new favorite cake supply store (Louise's Cakes and Things) and thought it was perfect to make these be simple but cute. I just melted red candy melts, put it in a ziplock bag with the corner cut then piped it into the molds, let them set up and popped them out. I also made suckers for the kids to take home (I forgot to get a picture of these.)

Happy Birthday my sweet Wyatt!

1 comment:

  1. your cute, I miss you. I love this fire truck cake, you're amazing. why don't you do a post about the cupcakes you made for Nashville...I have some good pictures you could use! JK I love you!

    ReplyDelete