Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Damask baby shower

                                                                    
I had the privilege of helping Natalie and Rachel with Carissa's baby shower.  It was so beautiful.  Carissa's favorite design is Damask so the girls went with this for the theme.  So fun! I love pink and black together.

















 I saw this cake stand on line and had to make one myself that I could use over and over.
To make the stand: I used square cake dummies that were 14", 10" and 6". The columns are soup cans but this is not as sturdy as I would like so I'm still looking for an alternative.
We used wrapping paper to cover the edges and contact covered poster board to cover the top. Both are adhered by double sided tape. We hot glued the pink ribbon on the top and bottom of each tier. The soup cans are wrapped in black cardstock.

 My favorite part is the tutu.  Thanks Rachel for sewing this for me.  It turned out so cute.  I used straight pins to attach it.
 I made a few pinwheel cupcake toppers. I can't get enough of these after Lucy's party.





















 Carissa wanted chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and pink lemonade cupcakes.  I tried the new pink lemonade cake mix and I thought it tasted pretty good.  I used the same pink lemonade recipe from Lucy's party but I think I added more so it was really tart.
 I love the pom-poms and banner!





















Natalie made this and I thought it turned out so super cute.  What a fun gift to give the mom to be.  Rachel made the cute booties that are hanging in the center (they matched an adorable dress she sewed for her.)  Is there anything these girls can't do?

No comments:

Post a Comment