Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas tree snacks

 It's Wyatt's turn to bring the class snack in and this is what he wanted to do, Christmas tree pretzels.
 I copied this idea from online.  All you need are pretzel rods, green candy melts, sprinkles, mini M&M's, and wax paper.
Melt your green chocolate and put it in a ziplock baggie, cut the corner, and pipe it over the pretzel in a tree shape using a zig-zag pattern.  If you are like me and need a guideline to go by just trace a basic tree shape onto a piece of paper and lay your wax paper over it before piping.  Decorate with sprinkles before it dries.  I used mini M&M's for the star and ornaments, candy cane sprinkles, and Christmas colored non-pareil sprinkles.
 We also made some fruit trees to balance out the treat since we are suppose to bring a healthy snack.
I found the trays at Dollar Tree.  I also saw this idea online.

No comments:

Post a Comment