Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Turkey Lurkeys!

 These little Turkeys are for Lucy's preschool Thanksgiving party.
 Note to self: buy Candy Corn when it's on sale after Halloween because you will search all over town trying to find some to make turkey feathers with. I finally found some at CVS.
 To make these little guys I first took apart the Nutter Butter cookie and added melted white almond bark to the top half.  Then I added 6 candy corns and put the cookie back together.  Make sure there is some chocolate showing before putting it back together since this is what will "glue" it back.  Then using a toothpick and chocolate I added edible eyes (Wal-Mart,) a nose (Starburst sliced into a triangle-I was able to get 3 or 4 out of each one) and a snood or as I call it the red thing that hangs with red chocolate.

This is how we brought them to school. Happy Thanksgiving little gobblers!

No comments:

Post a Comment