Saturday, January 17, 2015

Elmo Party for Lola

 I made this for my sweet neighbor Lola who is turning 2. We tried to add as much pink as possible.
 I used the same platter for Lucy's Hello Kitty cake.  I added a tutu to the bottom of my round cake board and set it on a big soup can wrapped in white paper.
The Elmo cake is chocolate with cream cheese frosting and the mini cupcakes are vanilla with cream cheese frosting.  To decorate the Elmo I just copied the instructions on the cake pan although I had a hard time getting the nose and eyes to look smooth.  I did use the grass/hair tip for his fur instead of a star tip which was so much easier.
 I made a few of these Elmo cupcake toppers to add to some of the mini cupcakes.
 I found the Happy Birthday Elmo images from the Haath Se website.  I used a 1" hole punch to cut them out then backed them with some flower images I cut from my Cricut.  I glued them to a sucker stick and added some pink Baker's Twine.



 I had to include some pics of the party decor.  This makes me want to sing the song...

Take Home Bags
 I love the tag!
This is Lola and her adorable Elmo birthday outfit.  So sweet!  Happy Birthday Lola!

No comments:

Post a Comment