Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bridal shower cupcakes

I made these for Anna's bridal shower. I love decorating pink cupcakes. The lighting makes the hot pink look a little orange but it was pink. We made chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (Anna's favorite)
Since this was a huge cupcake order I wanted to add a little variety to some of them so I added a raspberry filling to more than half the order. I think it turned out yummy.
I used the recipe on the Wilton website but used less sugar since the cupcake and frosting is so sweet to begin with. It was the perfect tartness.
Raspberry filling
16 oz. frozen raspberries thawed
1/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Drain raspberries, reserving liquid. Add enough water to liquid to equal 1 1/4 cups. In large saucepan, combine liquid, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; mix well. Heat and stir until mixtures boils and thickens. Cool completely. Stir thawed raspberries into cool mixture. I used the bismarck tip to fill the cupcakes. This makes enough for 4 dozen cupcakes.
.
I used a star tip for the rose (this is the technique I am using for part of her wedding cake-it's basically a swirl) and a pedal tip for the flower.
I love the doilies they decorated with.

I had so much fun with these colors. I loved creating all the different textures.

Aerial shot. I love the way they decorated this table. I think they used wrapping paper for the runner. What an awesome idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment