Friday, July 22, 2011

Zebra cupcakes


I made these for Ansley's bridal shower. I love zebra print so these were fun to do.
Sorry the lighting wasn't so great but you get the hint. I made a french vanilla cake from a box but changed it up by adding 1 cup sour cream, 1 box french vanilla pudding, 1 extra egg, 1 cup of white chocolate chips. I think they turned out yummy. I used my cream cheese frosting recipe and tinted it red and a small portion black using the Wilton gel colors.

I found these cupcake liners at Michael's. To get the swirled or zebra striped frosting look I painted 3 stripes of black frosting inside a piping bag then carefully added the white frosting in the middle. Squeeze bag over bowl until you see the color start to mix and then pipe away.

I love having a cupcake topper. For these I melted red and white chocolate melts and poured them individually into the Wilton heart mold (I also found this at Michaels.) For the zebra print I used melted black chocolate (I had in freezer from Halloween) and painted the stripes on using a paint brush. Thanks Dee for this idea! I tried to use gel color and edible markers but it didn't work on chocolate. I really didn't want to use fondant so I made this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment