Friday, February 15, 2013

Construction Ahead

 This was a fun birthday theme this year for Wyatt.  He loves construction trucks or any truck really, but there are so many ways to decorate with this theme.
 I love the orange, black and yellow color scheme.  I found this houndstooth wrapping paper at Hobby Lobby that I used for the tablecloth. I found this idea on another blog (thesmithteam.blogspot.com) I copied her construction sign birthday banner too! I think I got most of my ideas from her.
Easiest birthday cake ever!  Best part is that it only took 20 minutes.  I found this on Pinterest.  I found the dump truck at Target.  I used Butterfingers, Reeses, Snickers and cookie balls for the boulders/rocks.  I let Wyatt chose what kind of cake he wanted and maybe that wasn't a good idea.  It was strawberry cake with chocolate frosting.  That part actually wasn't too bad but when you add candy bars to that, not so yummy.  Good thing the 4 year olds didn't care. And this time Wyatt didn't just eat the frosting!
 GRAVEL-peanut butter popcorn.  I added 3 cups of melted PB and milk chocolate chips combined to 2 bags of popped microwave popcorn.
WRECKING BALLS-clementines
 BOULDERS- cookie balls. I crushed up oreos and mixed it with cream cheese.  These were super easy because they didn't need to be perfect, in fact the more deformed the more boulder like they looked.  I dipped them in chocolate and sprinkled oreo and graham cracker crumbs on top.
CONSTRUCTION SIGNS- nacho Doritos.
 If you ever do this theme for a birthday party the kids loved the "sand" box the most. I filled this container with rice and hid some small construction signs I found at Dollar Tree inside.  I gave them each a spoon to dig with and they loved digging for all the signs.  Yes my house was covered in rice but it vacuumed up so easy that it was worth it.  We also had a coloring sheet with stickers for them to do but they just wanted to go back to digging after 1 minute of coloring.

 Take home treat.
 Thanks a TON! It was LOADS of fun!
I found the construction trucks at Dollar Tree and then filled them with rocks/boulders.  I'm sure you've figured out now that I LOVE candy! It runs through my veins.  So you can imagine how fun it was for me to stand in the candy isle picking out all the candy that resembled a rock.  I used whoppers, mini Reeses, sugar babies, chocolate rocks, milk duds, and raisinets.
 I had fun decorating with the CAUTION tape. I have a ton of it left over if anyone wants to use some.
Happy 4th Birthday Sweet Wyatt!
I told you I had fun with the tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment