Friday, February 8, 2013

Heart cake pops

 Jill and I made these for the ladies we visit teach at church.  They turned out harder than we expected.
 I wanted to try out my Christmas gift from the hubby, a heart/star shaped cake pop maker.  They carry them at Wal-Mart.
This was the easy part.  We mixed up the cake batter from a half size box (12 cupcakes.) Using a liquid measuring cup we poured the batter to fill the hearts all the way, then shut the lid and 2-3 minutes later they were done.  The chocolate ones cooked faster.
 We added the sticks using white chocolate.  Once they dried we dipped the heart in chocolate.  This was the hard part.  I am used to a cake ball being dense because of the added cream cheese but this was just fluffy light cake which didn't like the added weight of the chocolate.  Although I prefer the texture of these to the regular cake pops I probably won't make them again unless I discover a new trick.
This is how we packaged them.  I found the little bags at Dollar Tree.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get the heart-shaped cake pop maker? What brand is it?

    ReplyDelete