Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fun heart attacks!


 So after doing the crazy heart cake pops, I am on a mission to find a treat that's fun and easy to do with my new cake pop maker...
 Introducing the heart whoopie pies.  They were super easy and super fun.  I baked the cakes using a chocolate and strawberry cake mix. I think red velvet would be fun to try too!

I added cream cheese frosting to the bottom of one of the cakes then topped it with the heart cake that I cut the center out of using a small cookie cutter.  I added sprinkles to the center and the outer edge.  Done and Done!

 They were so easy we went ahead and made some for my kids teachers!

 Because I was making these for the after church linger longer pot luck and we always run out of dessert, I couldn't throw away the cut out centers of the above hearts.  I decided to make some bite size snacks.
I added frosting using the same tip and topped it with a candy heart.  I found these hearts in the wedding favor section at Wal-Mart.  I loved all the colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment