Sunday, December 15, 2013

Random Christmas treats


 These probably don't deserve a blog post but it was a fun memory. I made these for the youth at church for our annual Christmas caroling activity.
I had so much fun walking around with these amazing kids and hearing them sing Christmas music.
I made these for a scout activity. I love Liz's macaroons:
4 egg whites
1 tsp. almond extract
14 oz. sweetened coconut
6 Tbsp. flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix dry ingredients first with a fork. Then stir in the wet. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Place almond in center. Bake 350 for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Once cooled dip half of the cookie or just the bottom in melted chocolate. Place on wax paper to dry.
*I think they taste better half dipped in milk chocolate and then drizzled(a little thicker than I did)  but I didn't have time to do that this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment